CA daily briefing: Friday 12 June
Your essential briefing of the morning's top news stories.
Good morning, Hilde Oesterkloeft here to give you this morning's latest news and updates.
The latest from ICAS
We’re proud to support Pride Month and the LGBTQ+ community. Pride started in America in 1969 and has since become a global celebration of LGBTQ+ communities around the world, while also being an opportunity to raise awareness of the issues facing the community across the world. Hear from our President, Catherine Burnet, on why it’s important for ICAS to support Pride.
Today's top stories from around the web
- UK economy shrinks record 20.4% in April due to lockdown (BBC News)
- London's businesses can lead a UK-wide economic recovery (City AM)
- Barclays raises forecasts for oil prices, but flags slow recovery (Reuters)
- More than a third of employees furloughed in some UK towns (The Guardian)
- Brexit: Boris Johnson and Ursula von der Leyen to hold summit on Monday (City AM)
- Ryanair sees up to 300 million euro loss in this fiscal year - Expansion (Reuters)
- Fears of second coronavirus outbreak hit global shares (BBC News)
- COVID-19 kicks £1bn hole in football league finances (Accountancy Daily)
- Brexit: Government 'abandons' plan for full border checks on EU goods (Sky News)
- Accountancy firm numbers decline as consolidation increases (Accounting Web)
That's all for now. Check back next week for your Monday briefing.