VAT refresher and update course
SPECIAL OFFER PRICE FOR ICAS MEMBERS: £485 + VAT
Non-member price: £634 + VAT
Online Live, 7 September 2020
London, 9 December 2020
This one-day course provides a reminder of the fundamentals of UK value added tax, an update on recent developments and examples of typical problem areas and planning opportunities.
Many examples are used to show how the tax works and planning points are highlighted.
Who should attend
This course will be of benefit to accountants and others who need an up-to-date knowledge of the main principles and rules of value added tax, but who do not require specialist knowledge. It will be particularly useful for those who have not dealt with value added tax for a few years but are moving back into the area and need a refresher.
What you will learn
- The concept of Value Added Tax
- How and when a business needs to register for VAT
- What is meant by input tax, output tax, taxable supplies, taxinvoices and other VAT terms
- Maximising the deduction of input tax
- The effect of exemption and partial exemption
- How common situations are treated for VAT purposes
- How to complete a VAT Return and when and how VATis payable
- Correcting VAT errors
- Overseas matters
- Special VAT schemes
- Administration and enforcement
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: A similar course is available for those delegates based in Scotland.
Practical VAT workshop