Data Analysis with Excel - Introduction
Member price in Scotland and Online Live: £335 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £395 + VAT
Member price in England: £539 + VAT
Non-member price in England and Online Live: £634 + VAT
Due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Online Live, 19 May 2021
Glasgow, 29 September 2021
London, 20 September 2021
London, 14 December 2021
This one-day course offers quick tips in improving functionality, formatting techniques, data searching and calculations amongst large data sets within Excel. This involves an intro to data analysis, but some more advanced techniques will be shown and explained. Also, reporting tools, data manipulation and searching, plus an insight into simple automation of tasks using macros.
What you will learn
- Time Savers
- Keyboard hotkeys and shortcuts
- Data filtering & searching
- Logical / Mathematical
- Text-String (for cleaning data)
- Applying ‘VLOOKUP’ within large data sets
- Applying meaningful Conditional Formatting
- Analytical options
- Calculating SUBTOTAL on filtered records
- Goal Seeking
- Organise business data via Pivot Tables
- When to use a Pivot Table for analysing large amounts of data
- Quick breakdown & analysis of complex data
- Automation using macros
- Creating macros for repetitive tasks
- Using the macro recorder
- Best practice for macro preparation
All exercises and project files used on the course will be available to take home.
Who should attend
Users of Microsoft Excel who are new to analysing business data, and those needing to obtain analytical skills for working around their day-to-day spreadsheets. Also, support staff, spreadsheet authors and finance workers looking to improve Excel functionality and processing speed.
Information for Online Classroom Live
Please read the following guidance carefully, which applies only if you are attending this course online:
- In addition to the Online Classroom, you will need to have your own version of Excel open to complete the exercises
- It does prove to be challenging to follow-on with the exercises using only 1 screen as you will need to be regularly switching between open windows. We recommend to either:
- Extend from a computer to a 2nd screen - please refer to this link for guidance on how to correctly setup a second monitor https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4340331/windows-10-set-up-dual-monitors or
- Use 2 computers, or
- Use a tablet for the online classroom and a computer for the Excel
- Please note that our courses are based on Excel for Windows and it is recommended that you are using at least Excel 2010 or a later version. MAC users are welcome but please note that there may be some tools and functionality that will differ from what is being presented. The presenter will accommodate for MAC versions on the course.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org