Data Analysis with Excel - Introduction
Member price in Scotland: £335.75 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £395 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Member price in England: £539 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £634 + VAT
Due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Edinburgh, 12 March 2020
Glasgow, 21 October 2020
London, 5 February 2020
London, 20 April 2020
Manchester, 11 May 2020
London, 3 June 2020
London, 1 July 2020
London, 21 September 2020
Birmingham, 12 October 2020
London, 14 December 2020
This one-day course offers quick tips in improving functionality, formatting techniques, data searching and calculations amongst large data sets within Excel. This involves an intro to data analysis, but some more advanced techniques will be shown and explained. Also, reporting tools, data manipulation and searching, plus an insight into simple automation of tasks using macros.
What you will learn
- Time Savers
- Keyboard hotkeys and shortcuts
- Data filtering & searching
- Logical / Mathematical
- Text-String (for cleaning data)
- Applying ‘VLOOKUP’ within large data sets
- Applying meaningful Conditional Formatting
- Analytical options
- Calculating SUBTOTAL on filtered records
- Goal Seeking
- Organise business data via Pivot Tables
- When to use a Pivot Table for analysing large amounts of data
- Quick breakdown & analysis of complex data
- Automation using macros
- Creating macros for repetitive tasks
- Using the macro recorder
- Best practice for macro preparation
All exercises and project files used on the course will be available to take home.
Who should attend
Users of Microsoft Excel who are new to analysing business data, and those needing to obtain analytical skills for working around their day-to-day spreadsheets. Also, support staff, spreadsheet authors and finance workers looking to improve Excel functionality and processing speed.