The 21st century accountant: the future of your profession course
SPECIAL OFFER PRICE FOR ICAS MEMBERS for online live date: £245 + VAT
Member price in Scotland: £272 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £320 + VAT
Member price in England: £539 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £634 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately.
ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales
Online Live, 21 July 2020
Glasgow, 5 November 2020
London, 1 October 2020
London, 17 December 2020
Developments in technology are driving new commercial models and working practices which have the potential to make the role of the accountant redundant. On this course, you will explore the impact of these changes on accountants. You will understand how the accountancy profession is evolving in the light of these changes, and be empowered to engage pro-actively with this evolution.
Who should attend
This course is essential for any accountant who plans to be working in the profession in the next decade. It is also especially useful for anyone who manages finance or accounting functions within an organisation.
What you will learn
- You will begin by tracing the development of the accountant as a business adviser, with reference to lean production and beyond budgeting.
- You will explore the commercial demands of the modern business environment in terms of integrated reporting and strategic business partnering and consider the role of the accountant in meeting these needs.
- You will understand how technology has changed the role of the accountant and the structure of the finance function.
- You will be introduced to the latest business models that are emerging (platform-based, mass customisation and mega-hyperlocal).
- Finally, you will be offered a series of practical steps that will empower you to reposition yourself as a strategic business leader.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org