Technical update for busy accountants
Member price: £370 + VAT
Non-member price: £435 + VAT
Online Live, 4 June 2021
London, 29 November 2021
What you will learn
- Learn about the latest changes to financial reporting standards
- Gain an overview of recent taxation developments
- Update yourself with current hot management accounting topics
- Refresh your leadership skills
Who should attend
All accountants and financial managers looking to refresh their skills and knowledge.
Financial Reporting Update
- Financial reporting impacts of Covid-19 - a summary of the key problems faced by reporting accountants as a result of the pandemic, including:
- Going concern assessment and disclosure
- Impacts on fair values and impairments
- Classification of liabilities and the effect of covenant breaches
- Accounting for government assistance
- Related disclosures
- How will Brexit affect reporting?
- UK GAAP (FRS 102)
- The latest changes
- Schedule for future changes and the impact on differences to IFRS
- A summary of all recent and impending IFRS developments
- Highlighting of key problem areas
- Personal tax - update points
- Corporation tax and business tax update issues
- Employee taxation: keeping on top of tax-efficient remuneration
- VAT update, including possible post-Brexit models for VAT and customs duties
- Making Tax Digital - where are we now?
Management Accounting Update
- CGMA management accounting principles
- CGMA competency framework
- Business models
- Integrated reporting
Leadership Skills for Accountants
- If you've ever had an opinion about how the world could be a better place or how something could be improved, it takes a leader to make it happen and turn that opinion into reality.
- Learn the simple secret of being a great leader
- Develop your ideas of how the world can be a better place
- Learn how to put the vision into action
- Build a plan to inspire others by your example.
Note: A similar course is available for those delegates based in Scotland.
Technical update for accountants in business