Tax issues for charities - half day course
Member price in Scotland: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £170 + VAT
Member price in England: £268 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £315 + VAT
Due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Glasgow, 19 October 2020
London, 15 December 2020
This course will address the tax issues that arise out of charity activities.
It will cover direct tax aspects, such as charity trading , including trading through a subsidiary company and the various VAT reliefs that are available to charities. VAT reliefs for charities can be fickle and the correct conditions for a claim will be examined. We will also look at Gift Aid and some practical points to watch out for.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for accountants and tax advisers who need to advise charities about the tax implications of their activities.
What you will learn
- Direct tax issues:
- Charity income streams
- Primary purpose trading and the small trading exemption
- Trading through a subsidiary company
- Gift Aid – practical points to watch out for
- VAT issues:
- Business v non-business activities
- VAT recovery on non-business activities
- Charity VAT reliefs
- Partial exemption
- The use of a subsidiary trading company – VAT issues
- Property issues for charities
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org