Solvent solutions for companies - half-day course
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Edinburgh, 22 October 2021
With changes in the regulatory and statutory regimes and as directors become increasingly aware of the additional risk carried in group structures, it has never been a more appropriate time to use solvent solutions to tidy up group structures, release shareholder wealth and eliminate companies which serve no further useful purpose.
This course offers delegates the opportunity to learn more about the key drivers for companies and what factors to consider when deciding on the most appropriate solvent solution.
It also takes delegates on a comprehensive journey through the legislative, regulatory and best practice requirements which govern Scottish Members Voluntary Liquidations, including an analysis of the purpose of s110 Arrangements and how these are structured.
In addition, it will also cover how a company can be dissolved and struck off under the Companies Act 2006. The course will be technical, practical and interactive.
What you will learn
You will learn when a solvent solution may be appropriate and the statutory procedures required to implement each particular procedure. In addition, you will acquire an enhanced understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of each option when considering how to eliminate a company when it has served its purpose.
- when to realise when a members' voluntary liquidation may be appropriate;
- when s110 arrangements may be appropriate;
- when a dissolution and strike off application may be appropriate;
- how a members voluntary liquidation is implemented;
- the mechanics of s110 arrangements and an enhanced understanding of the relevant legislative, regulatory and best practice requirements.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at licensed insolvency practitioners and their staff, seeking to gain a comprehensive refresher and update in this area or who wish to enhance their knowledge of the solvent solutions available in order to enhance their existing skillset.
- What are the key drivers for directors and shareholders when considering a solvent solution?
- What is a Members Voluntary Liquidation?
- What are the advantages of using a Members Voluntary Liquidation?
- The effects, impact and consequences of placing a company into Members Voluntary Liquidation, including discussion of when a Members Voluntary Liquidation might be converted into a Creditors Voluntary Liquidation.
- When might a s110 Arrangement be appropriate.
- Detailed coverage of the principal legislative, regulatory and best practice requirements.
- The role of the shareholders.
- Tax implications.
- Matters which the Insolvency Practitioner should be aware of when planning and preparing to place a company into Members Voluntary Liquidation.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com