Pension Scheme Accounts following FRS 102 and SORP - a half-day course
Member price: £144.50
Non-member price: £170.00 + VAT
Online Live, 23 August 2021
Edinburgh, 19 October 2021
Aberdeen, 9 December 2021
What you will learn
Pension scheme accounting has been subject to significant change following the introduction of FRS 102 and the revised Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) for financial periods commencing on or after 1 January 2015.
This course will consider the accounting for Pension Schemes under FRS 102 and the Statement of Recommended Practice. It will also consider the impact of Covid 19 on the financial statements.
The course will consider the fair value and disclosure of scheme investments.
Who should attend
The course will be relevant to all those involved in the preparation of accounts for pension schemes, including administrators, trustees, accountants and advisors. It will also assist those involved in the audit of pension scheme accounts and providing trustees with the required investment information.
- Background to FRS 102 and the SORP
- The form and content of pension scheme financial statements
- Determining the fair value of pension scheme investment assets
- Fair value hierarchy in valuing investments
- Disclosure of fair value determination
- Disclosure of investments and risks
- PRAG Practical Guidance on Investment Disclosures and accounting for Derivatives
- Disclosure of post balance sheet events and the assessment of going concern
- Annuity contracts
- AVC arrangements
- Pension protection fund
- Schemes in wind up
- Review of SORP illustrative format of financial statements
- Question and answer session on issues arising at present in pension scheme accounting
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com