Harnessing big data and artificial intelligence course
Member price in Scotland and Online Live: £272 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland and Online Live: £320 + VAT
Member price in England: £539 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £634 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately.
ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales
London, 10 September 2021
Edinburgh, 4 November 2021
You will begin by understanding how Artificial Intelligence has developed and the influence Big Data has had on its evolution. You will then explore how AI is currently securing commercial advantage in real-life situations. Finally, you will be presented with the latest research and development as part of a debate about the potential opportunities and threats that AI creates for accountants, for businesses and for society as a whole.
Who should attend
No prior knowledge of Artificial Intelligence or Big Data is required. The course explores the impact of AI on business in general and the accountancy profession in particular, and is therefore ideal for anyone working in accountancy or finance, as well as business leaders.
What you will learn
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- The concept of AI has a rich history in science fact and science fiction. You will begin by exploring that history and charting the key milestones in AI’s evolution.
- The impact of Big Data on AI
- The advent of Big Data has created a revolutionary opportunity for AI. You will discuss the technological and social advances that have enabled Big Data and relate this to AI through the concepts of machine learning and deep learning.
- Current commercial uses of AI
- The current reality of AI will be illustrated using real-life examples from education, healthcare, retail, policing and politics. This will allow you to understand the tangible benefits AI can bring to an organisation, as well as specific risks and obstacles that need to be addressed.
- The future potential of AI
- AI has always attracted controversy, and current manifestations of this controversy will be explored.
- The course concludes with discussions about data protection, ethics and security, as well as specific issues facing those in the accountancy profession.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com