FRS 102 update and refresher
Member price: £144.50 + VAT
Non-member price: £170 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Glasgow, 23 June 2020
Edinburgh, 22 September 2020
Perth, 3 November 2020
Since 2015 when FRS 102 first became mandatory, the standard has had a number of amendments. The main accountancy bodies have highlighted several issues companies have faced in applying the standard. This course will give you an essential update of recent changes and a refresher of key areas.
What you will learn
- How recent changes to FRS 102 might affect your company or your clients
- Reporting experiences of the application of FRS 102
- How to avoid common pitfalls
- Guidance on a number of practical problem areas including feedback from the professional bodies and regulators
Who should attend
This course is essential for those who are involved in the preparation and audit of financial statements prepared in accordance with FRS 102.
Please note that this course does not deal with issues which are specific to small companies. These are dealt with in a separate course, One stop guide to small company reporting.
Key issues to be covered will include:
- Overview of recent changes and current position
- Acquisitions, goodwill and intangibles
- Investment properties
- Deferred tax
- Fair value – when is it appropriate and how should it be measured
- Financing transactions including inter-company loans
- Related party disclosures
- Provisions and liabilities
- Revenue from contracts with customers
- Accounting policies, judgements and estimates
- Financial instrument disclosures
- FRC Annual Review of Corporate Reporting 2018/2019
- Dividends – accounting and disclosure
- Cash flow statements (including additional disclosures in December 2017 amendments)