Flexible leadership at work; the psychological perspective
Member price: £180 + VAT
Non-member price: £240 + VAT
Future dates to be announced
This course is tailored for people managers to explore various leadership styles which they can employ when working with diverse members of their teams. It will help you appreciate the benefits of being flexible and adapting to the needs of the situation in the workplace.
On this course you will explore the concept of leadership and the different styles associated with leading at work through some theory and practical sessions. You will consider the outcomes of different leadership styles as well as both the strengths and weaknesses of those style in different environments.
You will undertake group work with case studies and interactive ‘problems’ to maximise engagement, embed the learning and find practical solutions.
Who should attend
This course is relevant to people managers or those intending to become people managers at any organisational level and in any sector.
What you will learn
This course will provide you with the psychological knowledge about leadership, leadership styles and leadership outcomes.
The course provides skills and knowledge to improve the effectiveness of leaders/managers. On the course you will obtain knowledge of:
- Various leadership definitions and related theories
- Leadership styles and what predicts their effectiveness
You will gain practical skills associated with:
- The ability to identify behaviours related to different leadership styles
- The ability to pinpoint times when one style could be more effective than another
- The ability to judge which style should be used when working with a varied group of subordinates
Topics to be considered on the course:
- Definitions of leadership
- Traditional and contemporary leadership theories
- Understand different leadership styles
Exploring when the different leadership styles lead to effectiveness – in terms of follower types, organisational structure, organisational size, decision making
- When is it most appropriate to teach or guide? When is it best to collaborate or empower?
- How to be a flexible leader – practical solutions
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org