Financial modelling - an essential introduction
SPECIAL OFFER PRICE FOR ICAS MEMBERS: £325 + VAT
Non-member price for Online Live: £425 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £730 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Online Live, 24 November 2020
Online Live, 2 November 2020
Online Live, 2 December 2020
During this course numerous practical, hands-on exercises are performed to illustrate all the basic excel features and functionality, from basic navigation through to more complex “lookup” functions. There is a mix of following the instructor on the screen, and exercises designed to help the delegates work the answer out for themselves.A practical 1-day course covering all of the basic excel skills needed to start building a financial model.
Who should attend
This course covers all the basic excel required in order to start to build a financial model. Courses are limited to a maximum of twelve delegates, allowing each attendee to experience outstanding tutor support throughout the day.
What you will learn
- Excel shortcuts (use of the mouse is actively discouraged)
- Basic navigation and selection
- Toolbar and function access
- Copying and linking
- Financial modelling essentials: flexibility and dynamism
- F4 dollarisation (absolute cell referencing)
- Formatting and styles
- Excel names
- Logical statements: IF, AND, OR
- Switches and drop-down lists
Information for Online Live dates
Please read the following guidance carefully, which applies only if you are attending this course online:
- In addition to the Online Classroom, you will need to have your own version of Excel open to complete the exercises
- It is difficult (but not impossible) to do this with only 1 screen as you will need to be regularly switching between open windows. We recommend to either:
- Extend from a computer to a 2nd screen, or
- Use 2 computers, or
- Use a tablet for the online classroom and a computer for the Excel
- You are strongly recommended to perform the exercises on a PC rather than a MAC. Using a MAC is possible but the trainer will be unable to help you with the required shortcuts.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org