Financial awareness for non-finance managers - an advanced course
Member price: £238 + VAT
Non-member price: £280 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be refunded after checkout.
Edinburgh, 6 May 2020
Glasgow, 17 November 2020
This course aims to give delegates an understanding of profit, assets and liabilities and cash flow. It's designed to help you read and draw conclusions from a balance sheet and profit and loss account; identify the sources of accounting disclosures and how to use a variety of analytical techniques to assess the accounts of a business in terms of profitability, solvency and risk.
What you will learn
- The use of key accounting ratios in analysing the solvency and profitability of a business
- Revenue recognition and profit manipulation
- Recognition and measurement of assets and liabilities
- Asset return ratios
- Interest cover
- Current ratios and working capital management
- ROE and ROCE
- Quality of asset backing
- Intangibles v tangibles, with or excluding market revaluations
- Cash flow analysis and conversion of profit to cash
Who should attend
This one day course will be of benefit to non-finance staff, at all levels, who need to extend their understanding of finance.
It will develop skills gained through attending either the 'Financial Awareness for Non-Finance Managers – Essentials' course, or other Finance for Non-Finance Manager courses. It will assume a basic understanding of profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.