Featured job: Audit Assistant Manager, KPMG Channel Islands
KPMG Channel Islands is currently looking to recruit an Audit Assistant Manager
Recruiter: KPMG Channel Islands Limited
Location: Channel Islands
Salary: Competitive salary with paid overtime, relocation allowance, medical insurance and other benefits
Sector: Financial Services
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in the role?
About the role
Our Audit Assistant Managers support senior team leaders on audit engagements through effective planning, control and delivery of engagements in line with KPMG audit methodology. Critical to success in this role is the ability to lead engagements by supporting and coaching junior team members and co-ordinating resource. Regular communication with senior team members and developing close working relationships with clients is essential.
- Be the main liaison with clients, gain excellent knowledge of clients operations and a good understanding of relevant internal/external market factors to ensure the effective and timely delivery of engagements.
- Plan, coordinate, direct and control engagements and budgets to ensure effective resource utilisation, excellent service delivery and maximum efficiency.
- Direct, coach and mentor peers and junior team members to assist them in the effective delivery of engagement services to the required high standard.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, business departments and internal teams.
- Fully utilise feedback devices and encourage team members to do the same to assess learning and provide reflection on quality of service.
About the candidate
- You are required to possess well developed supervisory skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management and organisation skills.
- Ability to evaluate problems, process details and structure tasks.
- Maintain high levels of drive and enthusiasm through a positive attitude to assist team members in identifying solutions and developing efficiencies.
- Ability to use initiative, prioritise workloads and be flexible to changing business and department needs.
- Time and exam qualified accountant - ACA or ACCA or country equivalent professional qualification.
- At least three years’ current experience in an external financial audit capacity, ideally within a top tier firm.
- Whilst exposure to Financial Services audit is preferred, the essential experience requirement is leading audit engagements, regardless of industry specialism.
- Current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards.
- Language requirements –strong spoken, listening and written English.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
What you need to do now
To discover more and apply visit us online.
Apply online and a member of our recruitment team will contact you. Our application process includes an hour long assessment, a behavioural and a technical interview.