Farming, diversification and renewables
Member price in Scotland: £272 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £320 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Aberdeen, 10 March 2020
Edinburgh, 7 October 2020
This course is an update and refresher on the taxation of farming in the UK and a review of the major tax issues likely to be important to farmers and their professional advisers.
It will cover:
- What is farming?
- Business structures
- Loss relief issues
- Capital allowances
- Tax issues associated with diversification
- Will diversification affect APR and BPR?
- The tax aspects of developing on-farm renewables
What you will learn
- The nature of farming and farm diversification – is it still farming?
- Business structures and incorporation issues
- The taxation of EU farm payments
- Loss relief issues – recent case review
- Capital Allowances
- CGT and IHT issues – ER, BPR and APR
- VAT issues, including the Flat Rate Farmers’ scheme, output tax liability and input tax recovery
- Impact of farm diversification – do we have a new trade?
- Capital tax aspects of diversification
- Renewables and tax implications
Who should attend
Partners and staff in professional firms dealing with the compliance and planning aspects of the taxation of farming businesses in the UK on a regular basis.