GDPR update course
Online Live price: £245 + VAT
Online Classroom Live course
This course is available as an Online Classroom Live (OCR Live) course, giving you greater flexibility and choice as to how you learn. Our expert presenters will deliver the course content through an online environment, across 2 days in two 3-hour bite-size afternoon sessions.
Price: £245 + VAT
Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
2021 dates to be announced
View video below to see a five-minute demo of the OCR Live platform.
This one day course provides a comprehensive introduction to the topic by providing an overview of GDPR and then highlighting key areas of concern, both from a commercial legal standpoint.
It sets out guidance as to how the ICO and the courts are interpreting the key provisions of the GDPR and the DPA.
It also summarises the latest Brexit related developments in terms of applicability and international transfers of data.
Delegates will be given the opportunity to apply their knowledge through a series of practical exercises. Group feedback will be given throughout.
Who should attend
This course will be of benefit to accountants, human resource managers, IT managers and corporate officers, and lawyers of all levels.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the key terminology associated with the GDPR and to demonstrate an understanding of the key principles, obligations and rights
- Be aware of the additional requirements imposed on controllers by the new obligation of accountability
- Comprehend the rules relating to data subjects’ rights and to apply them in a commercially sound and compliant manner
- Describe the issues relating to direct marketing activity as set out in the Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications
- Understand the issues relating to the transfer of personal data outside of the European Economic Area and to apply this knowledge to a given set of facts
- Comply with the new rules on data security breach reporting set out in the GDPR
- Comprehend the enforcement options available to the Information Commissioner
- Be aware of the effect of Civil Monetary Penalty Notices and to consider recent examples as well as the increased fining powers now in place under the GDPR
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org