SPECIAL OFFER PRICE FOR ICAS MEMBERS
For course dates running before end of September: £300
Member price in Scotland: £335.75 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £395 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be refunded after checkout.
Member price in England after 30 September: £539 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £634 + VAT
Due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Online Live, 16 June & 18 June 2020
Online Live, 24 November & 26 November 2020
Glasgow, 23 October 2020
London, 17 September 2020
London, 12 November 2020
Online Classroom Live course
This course is also available as an Online Classroom Live (OCR Live) course, giving you greater flexibility and choice as to how you learn. Our expert presenters will deliver the same course content but it is offered through an online environment, across 2 days in three 2-hour bite-size sessions.
Time: Sessions 1 & 2: 9.30am-11.30am; Session 3: 1.30pm-3.30pm
What you will learn
This one-day course helps to translate the often confusing terminology surrounding cybercrime and provides an up-to-date factual overview of Cyber Security in today’s world, in an easy-to-understand format. This informative session is based on real-life events and offers advice, tips, and recommendations on what individuals and businesses can do to help stay protected, and potentially minimise the risk of future threats.
Who should attend
This informative course will benefit anyone who wants to learn how to minimise risk in today’s culture of computing, where cybercrime has become commonplace. While the course will cover some basic elements of networks, exploring web-code, and some technicalities of the Internet, no programming or technical knowledge is necessary to attend, as a full explanation will be provided from the ground up.
- Build an understanding of why cyber security should be part of everyday life
- Discover easy ways of staying on top and implementing precautionary measures in almost any business
- Understand the costs involved in products and services
- Fundamentals of Cyber Security
- Why is Cyber Security crucial?
- What is a vulnerability and how to mitigate risk?
- Potential consequences of a cyber attack
- Implications on a business
- Types of cyber security attacks
- Common types of security threats (e.g. ransomware)
- Artificial Intelligence and threats of higher complexity
- Activity: Cyber Lab game
- Darknet and similar markets
- Exploring Darknet
- New challenges and discoveries
- The onion router (Tor)
- Site certification
- SSL connection verification
- SSL in cloud computing
- Potential problems with a website security certificate
- Analysing web-code for non-programmers
- Intro to getting to know source-code
- Brief on ‘Ethical Hacking’
- Activity: find the code
- Further cyber activities
- Case study: Cybercrime on the NHS and Ukraine (WannaCry & WanaCryptor 2.0 | Petya | Eternal
- Blue | Shadow Brokers)
- How could Artificial Intelligence potentially safeguard systems
- Bonus topics:
- Data leaks | breaches
- Exposure to public WiFi
- Safety measures anyone can implement
- Homework topics for further study
All exercises and project files used on the course will be available to take home.
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com