Creatively problem solve, deal with complexity and make the right decisions
Member price in Scotland: £238 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £280 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout.
Member price in England: £539 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £634 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales
Edinburgh, 9 June 2020
Glasgow, 9 September 2020
Edinburgh, 10 November 2020
London, 26 August 2020
London, 6 November 2020
Business decision making and practical problem solving represent two of the most important of all managerial and leadership activities. If you can make timely, well-considered and informed decisions, this will enable you, your team, project or organisation to perform better, quicker and more consistently.
This highly practical course looks at how to master the tools and techniques to make better decisions and solve problems more efficiently and effectively.
Problem-solving is the greatest enabler for growth and opportunity. Problems are there for you to see things differently and to do things in a different way. The workshop is suitable for people who are required to resolve existing problems in a unique and creative way, make qualified decisions and to polish interpersonal and team competencies. It is also highly suitable for teams who wish to understand the importance of team problem solving and decision making to manage risk and to build synergy and effectiveness. The skill of problem-solving and decision making efficiently and effectively is an essential emotional intelligence ingredient in an organisation where problems are solved through and with those around us.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for any managers, leaders, or business professionals who want to:
- Increase their performance with effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Prevent silo working and encourage creativity
- Accelerate the decision-making process
- Develop a consistent approach to problem-solving
- Avoid wasting money and time on projects that won’t deliver
What you will learn
- Applying proven methods for effective management decision making at all and any level
- Using a five-point problem-solving tool to help them identify and resolve problems
- Make more effective use of your own and your colleagues' creative thinking skills and appreciate the impact of personality and bias on the decision making and problem-solving process
- Assessing the impact on the business of your recommendations for change and eloquently communicate your ideas upwards and across your organisation
- Using leading innovative and creative problem-solving techniques and learn how to combine both creative and critical thinking models
- How to present new ideas to secure the 'buy-in' of others to implement change
- Increased awareness of problem-solving steps and problem-solving tools and evaluate and apply a structured approach to generate solutions to organisational issues such as project management, quality problems, performance, people and productivity issues
- Distinguishing root causes from symptoms to identify the right solution for the right problem
- Thinking "outside the box" – working towards creative solutions
- The top ten rules of good decision-making and understanding the factors that cause delays in decision making, wrong decisions and poor problem-solving
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org