CFO of the future 4: flexible planning and rolling forecast workshops
Member price in Scotland and Online Live 2021: £361 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £425 + VAT
Member price in England: £539 + VAT
Non-member price in England and Online Live: £634 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Timing in Scotland: 9.30am-4.30pm
Timing in England & Online Live: 9.30am-5.00pm
Online Live, 13 May 2021
London, 10 August 2021
London, 22 November 2021
Edinburgh, 11 November 2021
In today’s rapidly changing business climate the CFO’s role has never been more important. Their management colleagues (including the board) desperately need fast, frequent and relevant information to make important decisions daily and weekly.
They are also demanding answers to difficult questions: which products, business segments and growth initiatives should we invest in? Which products and customers are strategic and profitable? How can we cut costs by 20-30% without affecting customer value?
Is our strategy working and, if not, what action should we take? Which business teams are performing well and which are performing poorly? Which products and/or processes should we outsource? How are we performing today and what does the near-term future look like?
Most CFOs struggle to answer these (and many similar) questions. The CFO of the future series will enable you to raise your game and take on more of a leadership role. This series of five one day workshops, spread out over the year, will enable you to supplement your knowledge with all the latest tools, techniques and best practices and enable you to drive positive growth and change inside your organisation.
Book the series or choose individual workshops - it could be the defining moment in your career.
The other workshops are:
- CFO of the future 1 - Finance leadership
- CFO of the future 2 - Strategic management
- CFO of the future 3 - Cost and profitability analysis
- CFO of the future 5 - Best practice measurement and reporting
Who should attend?
These workshops are aimed at existing and aspiring CFOs (including finance directors/controllers/managers, strategic/business planners, mid-level finance staffs and anyone responsible for improving the finance and planning operations) who want to improve their knowledge and performance. They are applicable to both the private and public sectors.
What you will gain
Based on many insights into how the best CFOs have improved their finance operations, this series provides the opportunity for you to take a career step-change in knowledge and performance. It will cover a wide range of topics including leadership, efficiency, strategy, profitability, planning and measurement.
Workshop four - flexible planning and rolling forecasts
Many thought leaders believe that the present levels of uncertainty and turbulence are the new ‘normal’. That’s one of the reasons why they are saying that the annual planning and budgeting processes no longer makes any sense (it also takes too long, costs too much and adds too little value). So how do you break free from short-term targets and budgets and replace them with systems that enable the organisation to be more flexible?
This workshop will focus on:
- The importance of a regular macroeconomic review prior to business planning and forecasting
- What are the key elements of a well constructed business plan
- Setting goals based on relative performance and realignment of rewards
- Building a more dynamic strategic planning process (including scenario planning)
- Designing and implementing true rolling forecasts
- Alternative budgetary methods – Zero based, Activity Based, Output Based
- How to rethink the roles of the executive, support services and front line (value centre) team
- More advanced forecast capabilities to reduce error using simple statistical and non-statistical techniques
- Case examples include Cisco, Pfizer, NHS trusts
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: email@example.com