CFO of the future 3: Cost and profitability analysis workshops
Online Live price: £361.25 + VAT
Member price in Scotland: £361.25 + VAT
Non-member price in Scotland: £425 + VAT
Please note, the ICAS member discount will be applied after checkout
Member price in England: £539 + VAT
Non-member price in England: £634 + VAT
Please note, due to differences regarding external costs, courses outside of Scotland are priced separately. ICAS members are eligible for a discounted price on all courses running in England & Wales.
Online Live, 17 April 2020
Edinburgh, 27 October 2020
London, 14 July 2020
London, 15 October 2020
In today’s rapidly changing business climate the CFO’s role has never been more important. Their management colleagues (including the board) desperately need fast, frequent and relevant information to make important decisions daily and weekly. They are also demanding answers to difficult questions: which products, business segments and growth initiatives should we invest in?
Which products and customers are strategic and profitable? How can we cut costs by 20-30% without affecting customer value? Is our strategy working and, if not, what action should we take? Which business teams are performing well and which are performing poorly? Which products and/or processes should we outsource? How are we performing today and what does the near-term future look like?
Most CFOs struggle to answer these (and many similar) questions. The CFO of the future series will enable you to raise your game and take on more of a leadership role. This series of five one day workshops, spread out over the year, will enable you to supplement your knowledge with all the latest tools, techniques and best practices and enable you to drive positive growth and change inside your organisation.
Book the series or choose individual workshops - it could be the defining moment in your career.
The other workshops are:
- CFO of the future 1 - Finance leadership
- CFO of the future 2 - Strategic management
- CFO of the future 4 - Flexible planning and rolling forecasts
- CFO of the future 5 - Best practice measurement and reporting
Who should attend?
These workshops are aimed at existing and aspiring CFOs (including finance directors/controllers/managers, strategic/business planners, mid-level finance staff and anyone responsible for improving the finance and planning operations) who want to improve their knowledge and performance. They are applicable to both the private and public sectors.
What you will gain
Based on many insights into how the best CFOs have improved their finance operations, this series provides the opportunity for you to take a career step-change in knowledge and performance. It will cover a wide range of topics including leadership, efficiency, strategy, profitability, planning and measurement.
Workshop three - cost and profitability analysis
You need to learn how to see beyond budgets and accounting statements to find where the deep cost reduction and profit-making opportunities are. This involves learning new practices and techniques, including ‘lean practice’ and ‘process mapping’ as well as the power of ‘transparent information’.
This workshop will teach you:
- How to learn from ‘lean’ practices (including value stream costing, target costing and lean accounting)
- Using process maps and cost drivers to identify and eliminate non-value costs
- How to use lean practices in both manufacturing and service organisations
- Identifying strategic and profitable products and customers (and deal with those that aren’t)
- How to reduce expenses (such as travel, marketing, IT, etc.) using various techniques and practices including benchmarking, shared services centres, internal markets, outsourcing and peer scrutiny
- Case examples include DHL, RHM, Unilever and Lloyds TSB
BPP | Tel: 0330 060 3303 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org