Stress Testing Manager | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Rutherford Cross are working with a Tier 1 Bank in Glasgow, supporting on their search for a Stress Testing manager. Our client places a huge emphasis on helping staff reach their full potential, and they currently have a fantastic opportunity available to join the FP&A and Capital Management team in Finance, right now. The Stress Testing manager will manage the delivery of BoE stress testing requirements for the Group, leveraging the skills and expertise of the wider business. They will be responsible for building and maintaining processes and controls to deliver a compliant and effective solution to fulfil all BoE stress testing requirements.
This focus of the job is co-ordinating and bringing together activities that satisfy the delivery requirements of participation in the BoE annual stress test. The role will have strong interaction with financial planning, capital management and ICAAP activities, to ensure the effective planning of stress testing activity to the required timescales. The role holder will be required to build strong and effective relationships across Finance, Treasury, Risk, and business areas to aid a cohesive and successful delivery of stress testing requirements.
About the role
The position will be responsible for the following key deliverables -
- Contributing to the overall successful delivery of the bank’s participation in the BoE concurrent stress testing cycle
- Owning and coordinating the plan, and lead delivery of defined aspects, of the annual BoE stress testing exercise
- Planning and managing the effective execution of the full end-to-end ACS stress test, co-ordinating all aspects of the delivery plan
- Working with Finance, Risk, Treasury, and Business Areas as part of successful and coherent delivery of stress testing requirements
- Ensuring appropriate controls and quality assurance exists to deliver accurate and complete outputs to the regulator
- Developing and maintaining relevant processes and controls to effectively manage operational risks
- Establish a robust and well managed control environment supporting stress testing
- Ensuring integration of activities with Financial Planning, Capital Management and ICAAP process where appropriate
- Ensuring engagement and proactive management of key stakeholders, both internal and external, including the wider Finance Leadership team
About the individual
- A proven and successful track record of leading a finance reporting team, such as management accounting, financial / treasury reporting or regulatory reporting
- In depth knowledge of and previous experience of planning and managing complex end-to-end reporting processes with a large number of different internal stakeholders
- Experience of leading teams, with the ability to drive delivery to time critical milestones and lead end-to-end processes to success
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing relationships with key internal stakeholder, external partners and 3rd parties
- Thorough understanding of the bank, its product areas, balance sheet and capital position
- Ability to drive continuous improvement to end-to-end business processes and controls
The role will offer a very competitive salary, as well as an excellent pension plan, car allowance, flexible cash scheme, generous holiday entitlement, private medical, income protection and life assurance.
What to do next
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, Amy Peoples at Rutherford Cross.
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.