Senior controls manager | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
Rutherford Cross launches search for a Senior Controls Manager to join an evolving Assurance, Risk & Compliance function within the drinks sector. Our client is a successful global producer of well known alcoholic brands, with offices based in Glasgow. Assurance Risk & Compliance sits within the Group Finance Function with a goal to support and challenge the business ensuring that group-wide effective and optimised risk management, internal controls and assurance processes are in place.
The successful candidate will work autonomously, taking responsibility for shaping, developing and embedding the Control Framework. This includes partnering with the business to develop, implement and manage new governance, controls and compliance mechanisms to ensure effective risk management across the organisation.
About the role
- Design, develop & implement the global control framework.
- Develop and introduce a process to review and assess compliance with Control Framework across the group, through local self-assessment, reporting and certification.
- Implement design and lead operational effectiveness testing required of Group-wide Controls across all business areas.
- Continuously monitor the status and effectiveness of controls, ensuring any control failures are promptly captured and effectively managed and monitored.
- Develop a plan to drive continuous improvement of controls, including control automation and use of data analytics
- Manage SAO Compliance testing and sign-off process.
- Lead and manage the Continuous Control Monitoring process, including design and develop a Continuous Control Monitoring approach to drive control efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Develop control KPIs and produce regular reports on status of internal control environment for senior management.
- Support Head of Assurance, Risk & Compliance with ad hoc projects/duties as requested driven by continuous improvement, audit and self-assessment findings, legal, policy and framework developments etc.
About the individual
- CA / CIMA / ACCA / CIIA Qualified.
- Extensive knowledge of internal controls, risk management and internal audit.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills with the confidence and gravitas to communicate at all levels.
- Project management skills, including delivering through multi-disciplined and geographically dispersed project teams.
- Expert knowledge of Financial & Non-Financial Control principles (eg Segregation of duties, sensitive data management and data access principles).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Sound business judgment, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with risk exposure.
- Confident, energetic self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills, able to demonstrate good judgment, a sense of urgency and commitment to high standards of ethics, regulatory compliance, customer service and business integrity.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and able to provide clarity and guidance over complex and/or technical areas.
- Able to manage and deliver complex and often competing priorities, through effective outcome focus, work prioritisation and stakeholder engagement.
What to do next
An exceptionally competitive salary and benefits package is on offer, as well as strong career progression opportunities due to the evolving nature of the function.
To discuss in confidence please contact Amy Peoples on 07494 280 152.