Finance Manager | Renfrewshire
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Location: Renfrewshire, albeit home based for the first half of 2021 and thereafter flexible between office based and home working.
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £41,700
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working on a retained basis to appoint a Finance Manager in the charity sector.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a qualified accountant with strong technical skills. The post holder will act as Business Partner for allocated Operational Managers to:
- Prepare annual service budgets
- Prepare service costings
- Complete regular grant claims and monitoring thereof
- Facilitate business development by preparing the financial element of tenders
- Funding negotiations with local authorities
- Prepare twice yearly forecasts for services
- Complete local authority financial returns
- Provide support with financial queries and variance analysis
About the role
Day to day duties will involve:
- Lead the monthly management accounts process to ensure accurate reporting of results
- Lead on the external audit process including preparation of year-end statutory accounts and audit file for the organisation and subsidiary companies to ensure compliance with legislation including FRS102
- Submit statutory returns for the organisation to HMRC to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation
- Set the Audit Committee agenda, including oversight of internal audit work, preparation of finance reports and attendance at Committee meetings to facilitate good governance
- Signatory for bank accounts, purchase orders, BACS payment runs and payroll to ensure payments are made timeously
- Design and deliver finance module of management development programme to promote greater financial understanding
- Review and update financial policies and procedures to maintain financial control
- Assist with systems development as required
- Carry out annual appraisals and supervisions for the finance team to provide support and monitor performance
About the individual
Working for this worthy charity requires a knowledgeable, driven CA comfortable operating as an integral part of the organisation.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified Accountant (preferably CA)
- Good knowledge of charity reporting including SOFA preparation.
- Preparation of budgets, cashflow and tenders for a complex organisation.
- Management of accounting ledgers.
- Accounting software and systems development.
- Line management
- Reporting to Boards or Committees
- Advanced Excel
- People management
- Problem solving
- Managing competing priorities
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact our retained advisor, Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross. Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.