EME Accounting manager | Central Scotland
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Location: Central Scotland
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum plus benefits
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
The Weir Group PLC (Weir) is a FTSE 100 global engineering business headquartered in Glasgow. Celebrating its 150th year the company’s global footprint spans more than 60 countries and employs more than 11,000 people.
The Weir Group's ESCO division engineers, manufactures and services mission critical equipment used by companies in mining and infrastructure markets. With more than 100 years of experience in the science of metals, alloys and wear materials, ESCO is recognised as an industry leader delivering innovative products and custom engineered solutions that enhance customer safety and productivity.
As the business enters a new and exciting chapter of its illustrious 150-year history, it has identified the need to recruit this role in order to continue to strengthen the Weir ESCO EME (Europe and Middle East) finance team.
This is a key position within the Weir ESCO Finance function, with a focus on improving the quality and effectiveness of accounting across the division and leading on a number of key projects. The successful candidate will have a broad accounting knowledge and have experience across most aspects of statutory accounting, month-end reporting and taxation. As this is a role close to business operations, experience of a similar industry environment is key to understanding the practical application of the accounting and reporting requirements.
About the role
Reporting into the EMER Regional Finance Director, the position will be responsible for the following key deliverables -
- Month End Tasks including Shared Services coordination, review of results and spot checking of Journals
- Responsible for the closing of the EME region which is heavily supported by offshore accounting teams
- Review of results against forecast
- Review of direct margins
- Ad-hoc review of journals
- Review and analysis
- Statutory Accounts and Audit Coordination
- Responsible for the audit coordination of Belgian, UK and French businesses
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- VAT and Indirect Taxes
- Coordination with both internal and external contacts to support
- Review of vat and indirect tax submission
- Questions and queries
- Reconciliation and Controls
- Enhancement and development of controls as the business grows
- Review and management of reconciliation process
- Performance and monitoring of primary (IFRS) and secondary (local) accounting standards
- Corporate Income Taxes
- Coordination of Corporate Income Tax returns
- Coordination with Central ESCO team for Transfer Pricing
- Project experience
- Continuous improvement identification
- Project management of local and central initiatives
- Responsible for the management and development of one member of staff
About the individual
The successful candidate will have a broad accounting knowledge and have experience across most aspects of statutory accounting, month-end reporting and taxation. It is likely the individual will come from a firm/business background where they will be experienced in the reporting, system, and control requirements of large blue-chip companies.
It is likely that the individual will be CA/ACA qualified and, ideally, will have trained with either a Big 4 or Mid-Tier accountancy practice. Applicants that will be considered will be already operating in a similar capacity within industry, ideally within manufacturing or a related business environment.
Certainly, it is essential that candidates display all the required personal characteristics, especially in demonstrating confidence, self-motivation, and an ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
In addition to a basic salary up to £55,000 - £60,000 per annum, there is a pension scheme with employer contributions up to 8%, attractive bonus potential and 35 days holiday inclusive of public holidays.
What to do next
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, Mark Lewis at Rutherford Cross.
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.