Director of Finance (Treasury) | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with an exciting business in the retail sector, based in Edinburgh. We are engaged on a search for a Director of Finance in Treasury, a newly created position, reporting to the CFO, which has come about due to a strong period of growth and ambitious future growth plans.
The business does not currently have a treasury function and you would therefore be responsible for building something from scratch. Forming a significant part of the company’s strategy are robust cash management and identifying strong investment opportunities.
About the role
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for all Treasury matters to include FX management, bank relationship management, debt and liquidity:
- Managing cash flow
- Forecasting payments and receipts, anticipating challenges and co-ordinating remedial action
- Developing management information to ensure effective communication of cash positions over various time horizons
- Supporting overseas trade including management of foreign currency exposure
- Informing decisions about the use of company finances e.g. capex and investment appraisal
- Evaluating and progressing the financial impact of new business ventures
- Managing the bank and payment solution relationships, platforms and strategy
- Managing Banking Facilities agreements including reporting requirements and banking covenant compliance
- Supporting the process of ensuring a suitable funding package in place to support business objectives
- Managing and developing payment solutions for customers to pay across the retail business
- Ensuring accuracy of outputs from growing shared service function currently covering all accounts payable and receivable activities
- Implementing the treasury policies and procedures
About the individual
- Qualified accountant
- Proven track record in treasury management and in particular close working capital management
- Proven proactive approach to identifying solutions to problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Consistently deliver on commitments, despite challenging timescales and competing priorities
- Confident communicating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Lead in developing people and team
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
To discuss in confidence please contact the retained advisor, Amy Peoples or call 07494 280 152.