Client Services Manager | Hamilton
Employer: Sharles Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors
Contract type: Negotiable DOE
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Sharles Charted Accountants and Business Advisors are a well established, leading accountancy practice based in Hamilton, the largest firm in Lanarkshire. As well as offering all aspects of accountancy and business advisory related services, we specialise in regular management accounts and pride ourselves on the quality of our work and impact it has on our clients, helping them be better informed business owners.
Our clients are both diverse in industry and size, but are generally small to medium owner managed businesses and are based all over the UK. We have excellent working relationships with our clients and are constantly growing our client base, which arises 100% through referrals.
We operate as specific departments, each with specialist staff in that area – accounts, tax, audit, bookkeeping and payroll. We have a strong team ethos and offer a well supported and flexible working environment to all staff. We are also a training firm offering both ICAS and ACCA routes. We have an excellent staff retention rate and most of our trainees remain with the firm after qualifying, furthering their own career path and professional development with us.
About the role
Due to continued growth, we have exciting opportunities for Client Services Managers to join our Accounts department. Reporting directly to the Senior Client Services Manager these roles will be responsible for managing their own portfolio of clients to provide high quality accountancy and business advisory services, including annual and managements accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all business compliance requirements and provide business advisory services to their portfolio of clients.
- Co-ordinate the client’s accounting services requirements throughout the firm, liaising with other departments
- Produce annual accounts and management accounts
- Assist the Senior Client Services Manager on their portfolio of clients
- Contribute towards the team and provide training to more junior members
- Review work of junior staff members and the bookkeeping department
- Develop good working relationships with clients
- Comply with all financial policies and accounting regulations and keep up to date with any changes
This position offers:
- Negotiable salary
- Death in service cover
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid office/homeworking available
- Supported working environment
- Excellent transport links
About the individual
- Ability to work to tight timescales and manage deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (internal and external parties)
- Good timekeeping and dependable
- Confident individual with good judgement
- Strong organisational skills
- Good ethical skills and moral judgement
- Ability to be assertive when in challenging situations
- Full driving licence preferable
- Computer literate
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of accountancy software
- Experience of bookkeeping software – Sage 50, Sage Cloud, Xero, QuickBooks, etc
- Strong knowledge of professional standards and ethics
- CA or ACCA
- Minimum 3 years general practice experience
To discuss in confidence please contact, Chris Wilson