Technical project accountant | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
About the role
As the business enters a new and exciting chapter of its illustrious history, it has identified the need to strengthen its Group team with the creation of this role.
This is a key position within the Group Finance function, with a focus on projects which will help to improve the quality and efficiency of accounting across the group and ensure continued compliance with regulatory reporting. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of IFRS, with knowledge of recent and upcoming developments, with an interest in systems and controls. This individual will be involved across the annual reporting cycle with a focus on ad-hoc areas, development of statutory disclosures and policy, plus standardisation of compliance and reporting requirements.
Weir Group represents an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, qualified accountant to join a dynamic business which has displayed strong revenue and profit progression in recent years and demonstrating resilience against the current Covid-19 dominated backdrop. As one of Scotland’s few listed companies, the opportunity exposes the successful individual to the unique environment of a plc business and all that it entails.
The position will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- Involvement in the Group consolidated statutory accounts process at both half and full year end
- Assessing, reporting, and advising on developments in accounting standards and implications for the Group
- Project management of the implementation of new standards across the Group
- Provision of technical training to finance staff across the Group
- Development and maintenance of the Group Finance Manual
- Development of statutory disclosures and compliance reporting
- Involvement in the development of financial reporting systems to support management and statutory reporting
- Assisting with the preparation, review, and analysis of subsidiary accounts as required
- Preparation, review, and provision of financial analysis to senior management including the Group Executive and Board
- Liaise with advisers including external auditors and tax advisers
- Review of Group Policy exemptions
- Contribute to the preparation and analytical review of relevant sections in monthly management accounts, as and when required
- Any ad-hoc projects across the group team
About the individual
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Degree educated with a track record of high academic achievement
- CA/ACA qualified with a minimum of one-year post-qualification experience
- Experience with statutory disclosures, plc reporting and other compliance requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management, whether within or outside of finance, or external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- Self-motivated and capable of developing the current role over time
- Creative thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Resilience in managing conflicting priorities and stakeholder expectations
- Work effectively and autonomously to engage and influence others
- Strong team working
Experience of consolidation systems
If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this fantastic opportunity, please contact John Ramsay.