Tax Partner | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by an international CA firm, who are searching for a Tax Partner to lead their tax team in Glasgow. Our client is a provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders globally, one of the largest business advisory firms in the United Kingdom. The firm offers audit and assurance, risk advisory, outsourcing, tax, consulting, restructuring, transactions and legal services. It works with a wide range of public, private and not for profit companies.
Continued strong financial performance across the UK has enabled the firm to invest in building regional capabilities, and the firm’s strong network of satisfied clients and fee income are testimony to the quality of the business that already exists in Scotland. The Senior Leadership team are focused on growth and a core element of their strategy is to further develop the corporate tax service offering in the West of Scotland.
About the role
As Tax Partner in Glasgow, you will play a key role in the maintenance and development of the business’s Tax offering, and equally, have a seat at the table to support with the management of the Glasgow office. The successful candidate will work with the Tax Partners across the UK, to continue to lead the firm’s Tax services in Scotland, branching into new industries and working with larger corporates.
Key Deliverables Include:
- Participating fully as part of the partnership team and contributing to the firm’s development
- Review of the vision for the service line
- Creation and delivery of a business plan and targets that sit in the firms wider group objectives
- Creation and execution of business development strategy
- Cultivating a strong network of referral sources, converting leads and relationships into fee income
- Delivering outstanding technical results for clients
- Motivating and developing the team to ensure exceptional service delivery
- Supporting other teams through broader representation of the firm
- Acting as external spokesperson/generating PR and comment on issues relevant to raising the profile of the firm
About the individual
- Existing Partner / Senior Director with a reputable firm (likely to be Top 10 or Large Independent)
- Ability to win and deliver mid/large corporate tax work
- Demonstrable track record of success with regular and timely career progression
- Strategic seller with appropriate gravitas and professionalism to influence at board level
- Track record and clear ability to develop business relationships and win new clients
- Of appropriate experience level to be able to help lead the firm well into the future
- Ambitious and driven, looking for the opportunity to take the lead
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact our retained advisor, Amy Peoples at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 152.
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.