Senior Risk and Assurance Manager | Edinburgh Airport
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be supporting Edinburgh Airport to recruit a Senior Risk and Assurance Manager
Organisation: Edinburgh Airport
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 + Bonus + Flexible Working + Package
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 12 November 2019
Interested in this role?
As a key member of the Edinburgh Airport finance team, this is a role requiring an individual with commitment, drive and ambition in addition to a strong technical background in internal audit and risk management.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Drive the assurance and risk management agenda within the wider business to ensure the continued high profile of the function.
- Manage and refine internal audit standards, methodologies, tools and templates, ensuring they are in line with best practice.
- Develop and execute an internal audit programme which is tailored to the risk profile, with buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Oversight and instruction of the co-sourcing partner to ensure a timely and valuable delivery whilst maintaining quality standards.
- Lead and deliver certain assurance reviews.
- Communication - written and verbal - of key findings and recommendations for improvement at the conclusion of each assurance review to the relevant business stakeholder.
- Regular reporting on the delivery of the assurance programme, key messages/findings and tracking of open issues to the Audit Committee.
- Responsibility for maintenance of the corporate risk register, including co-ordination of risk workshops and control validation exercises with the Executive Team.
- Work closely with other audit and compliance functions to co-ordinate and optimise assurance activity.
- Day-to-day management of the airport’s multi-line insurance programme, including claims management and supporting the business in understanding insurance cover in place.
About the candidate
- Degree qualified with a strong academic track record; and professional Qualified Accountant.
- Proven commercial experience influencing senior stakeholders and their decision making.
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly at all levels of the business.
- Track record of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Detailed understanding of best practice approaches to developing internal audit and risk management.
How to apply
To apply, have a confidential discussion, or to see a full Position Profile, please contact retained advisor Amy Peoples at Rutherford Cross on T: 07494280152 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org.