Management Accountant | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000-£50,000 per annum
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by the Artisanal Spirits Company to appoint a newly created Management Accountant in Edinburgh.
This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to join ASC as their Management Accountant.
About the role
- Preparation of trial balances and corresponding management accounts for multiple group entities
- Submission of accurate, high quality and timely financial information for internal reporting
- Investigate operational variances to plan, communicate to management and advise on potential efficiencies/cost control measures.
- Preparation and accuracy of relevant Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Tax compliance (VAT, Duty returns etc)
- Internal Control Oversight
- Maximising the use of technology to support the growth of the business
- Developing financial systems and reports for a new business area
- Provide robust analysis to support our strategic and commercial objectives, including assessments of new projects and support in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Develop a strong business partnering culture with departmental heads
- Analysis and engagement in a number of high value & business critical projects (inc capex control)
- COGS management, bottling/fulfilment operations
- Oversight and analysis on other international JV’s & subsidiaries
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Assist in preparation of annual Corporation tax working papers
- Assist with Group Consolidation
- Ensure accuracy of costing models
- Development of dashboards and accounting systems & models.
- Strive to ensure continuous improvement of processes and systems
- Developing risk register and highlight any areas of risk & opportunity to the Group Financial Controller
- Treasury management and support with treasury strategy
- Development of financial reporting and internal accounting rules
About the individual
This is an exciting, progressive opportunity for a talented finance professional with the desire to drive change within a company. The successful candidate will be an inquisitive and proactive individual. You will be results focused with the ability to influence whilst building strong long-term relationships with stakeholders. The ideal candidate will either be a newly qualified accountant looking to make their first move from the profession or will have qualified in industry working within a similar role. The appointed individual will report directly into the Group Financial Controller and will be required to take a hands-on approach to their varied role, where no two days are the same.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA) - Essential
- Strong Excel skills - Essential
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite - Desired
- Industry experience (whisky sector not essential) – Desired
- Self-starter, taking ownership responsibility
- Flexible and accountable
- Confident and being capable of creativity for problem solving
- Effective communicator and relationship builder
- Curious and detail oriented
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Multi-tasker, adaptable and able to manage deadlines well
- Thrives in a growing, changing environment and result driven
- An ability to manage and deliver multiple priorities
- Confident in decision making and judgement
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact our retained advisor, Georgina Millyard at Rutherford Cross.
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.