Internal Audit Manager | Rutherford Cross
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working on an exciting opportunity for an Internal Audit Manager to join a growing Internal Audit function in a retail bank in Edinburgh.
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits Package
Interested in this role?
Rutherford Cross is currently supporting a retail bank in Edinburgh in their search for an Internal Audit Manager, to support the Senior Manager in delivering an independent and objective risk-based Internal Audit service designed to evaluate and improve the Bank’s risk management, control and governance processes. You would be responsible for leading and delivering allocated audit assignments through the planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow-up stages with minimal supervision.
- To contribute appropriately to the provision of an independent assessment of the governance, risk management and control processes.
- To contribute appropriately to the achievement of the IA department services consistent with current professional standards
- To undertake multiple assignment delivery as required and lead assigned audits to time, plan and quality using the audit methodology and quality standards, regularly reporting progress.
- Demonstrate capability to manage complexity.
- To line manage Senior Auditors as required, including coaching, development and performance management.
Experience and Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience in risk based auditing or risk and control activities, ideally in financial services.
- Experience of working in a largely outsourced environment would be beneficial but not compulsory.
- Experience in engaging with business management.
- Experience of working in an integrated audit function, working closely with other audit team colleagues.
- CA / ACCA or equivalent qualification are required.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and relationship building skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to maintain SME skill set in a changing and complex landscape.
- Strong analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills.
- Focus on results and drive to meet standards.
- Focus on finding solutions that have the right outcomes, acceptable to both the auditee and IA function.
- Ability to operate with little supervision using initiative to work efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrate drive in delivering audits.
How to apply
To apply, have a confidential discussion, or to see a full role profile, please contact Amy Peoples at Rutherford Cross on 07494280152 or firstname.lastname@example.org