Head of treasury & tax | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Rutherford Cross launches search for a Head of Treasury & Tax, reporting to the Chief Finance Officer of AGS Airports Limited. The job is to be based at Glasgow Airport, and has responsibility for one direct report (Tax Manager).
The Head of Treasury & Tax is an integral senior manager responsible for assessing, reviewing, and protecting the financial well-being of the Group. Trusted to establish and manage optimal financing arrangements to ensure liquidity and effective financial risk management for the Group.
The role holder will contribute extensively to the development and delivery of Group strategy. In addition, the Head of Treasury & Tax is accountable for efficient insurance and taxation management. The candidate must have senior leadership experience, strong financial acumen, and a proven track record in a challenging commercial environment.
About the role
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assessment and management of all business-related financial risks.
- Integration and development of the group treasury and tax policies within the defined strategic requirements and direction.
- Management, development and adaptation of the treasury functions and processes to take account of both the size and resources of the group.
- Implementation of robust controls related to treasury matters relating to all parts of the group including modelling of all financial requirements and reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all banking covenants and manage all necessary correspondence with the lenders including but not limited to monthly lenders presentations, presentation of annual budgets and six monthly look forwards.
- Arrangement and ongoing negotiation of all group borrowing.
- Manage Group cash strategies ensuring adequate cash flow including the security and control of payments and collections processes.
- Manage all the necessary interest payments to the lenders.
- Management, development and adaptation of the tax function relating to all parts of the group ensuring that cash efficient and compliant tax procedures are in place and complied with.
- Establishment and ongoing development of relationships with group finance, legal and other key colleagues and the also the Shareholder in house tax teams to ensure group compliance for their organisations.
- To engage with insurance suppliers to ensure their delivery is aligned to affordability and appropriate standards.
- Effective identification and management of stakeholders and where necessary management of conflicting needs.
- To ensure all relevant approvals, both internal and external, are in place in a timely manner including management of change.
- Preparation of formal papers for the Audit Committee and Board.
- Manage staff as required.
- Ensuring clear project goals, milestones, roles and responsibilities are identified, tracked, reported and delivered.
About the individual
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Proven achievements in successful treasury and tax management, although a technical background in the former is essential, technical hands-on tax experience is desirable but not essential.
- Confident in decision making, issue resolution and ability to deliver
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to demonstrate strong negotiating skills
- Able to communicate and influence effectively through written, numerical and oral presentations
- Strong commercial experience and financial acumen.
- Credible knowledge and experience within Treasury management.
- Fully qualified accountant (CA/ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or ACT qualified professional with a strong Treasury technical background
- Extensive experience of working at senior management level with strong interpersonal skills
- Capable of building effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Global perspective and a strategic mind-set.
- Ability to present and engage at Executive and Board level.
The position will offer a competitive package up to £75,000 depending on experience, plus car allowance, a generous pension scheme, bonus up to 25%, private medical for self and family, as well as duty free shopping and free parking at all times.
To discuss in confidence please contact the retained advisor, Amy Peoples or call 07494 280 152.