Head of Finance & Planning - CAHSS | University of Edinburgh
Eden Scott are working in partnership with the University of Edinburgh to help them to identify a new Head of Finance & Planning for their College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS).
Organisation: University of Edinburgh
Location: Edinburgh City Centre
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 24 January 2020
Interested in this role?
Eden Scott are working in partnership with the University of Edinburgh to help them to identify a new Head of Finance & Planning for their College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (CAHSS) which is a large-scale and complex business within the University group comprising of c. £300m income across 12 schools, c. 25,000 students and some 3,500 staff.
This is senior level appointment and a key decision maker in the leadership team. This person will support the Registrar in the development and execution of the College’s financial strategy as well as having a strong material impact on the operational strategy. This person also supports the Group Finance Director to help execute the University’s overall strategy and ensure that the College financial strategy is in line with the overall goals of the University.
Among other things the Head of Finance & Planning will ensure costs and financial controls are tightly managed, facilitate income growth and ensure that the organisation delivers key development projects in a responsible and sustainable manner. The successful candidate will serve as the key financial expert of the College, in support of the College’s goals and those of the wider University.
The candidate will have the following experience and characteristics;
- Professionally qualified accountant with at least 5 years’ experience in a financial leadership role operating at a strategic level.
- Experience of leading and developing a Finance Business Partnering & Management Accounting function which is under-pinned by solid Management Information & Business Intelligence.
- Experience of using data-driven insights & analysis to influence and develop corporate strategy but also able to help deliver the day to day needs of the business.
- Demonstrably strong experience in leading and developing CAPEX and other investment projects with a track record of prioritising a range of improvement projects.
- Someone with the strategic ability to forecast the challenges being faced by the organisation and to adapt business activities to mitigate and manage these risks/challenges.
- Someone with a strong track record of implementing and developing business change projects with a focus on systems, processes and people.
- Someone who can keep the goals of CAHSS central to their thinking but to do so in a way that supports the wider University goals and objectives.
- High-level of personal gravitas to handle relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Very strong communication skills for written, verbal and presentation style forms which will be used every day to influence positive business outcomes.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all the above characteristics and experience and to be a key decision maker within CAHSS and the wider University.
Interested in applying? Then read on for the next steps
The closing date for applications in the form of a CV and contact detail to Eden Scott is Friday 24th January. Submissions to the University will be on Friday 31st January including CVs, covering letters and interview notes.
The first interview with Eden Scott should take place no later than Thursday 30th January.
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for the placement of permanent staff and acts as an employer for the delivery of interim and temporary solutions.
How to apply
To ensure you do not miss out on this opportunity please apply with your CV and contact detail by Friday 24 January and our experienced consultant will ring you for an initial discussion. Visit Eden Scott's website for full job information and details of how to apply.