Head of Finance & IT | Eden Scott
Eden Scott has been retained by Edinburgh University Press to recruit for a Head of Finance and IT.
Recruiter: Eden Scott
Location: Edinburgh City Centre
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + Flexible Working + Pension 7% + Generous Holiday Entitlement
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Friday 13 September 5pm
Interested in the role?
Edinburgh University Press Ltd is a small publishing business who have posted record sales in print books, eBooks, journals and royalties. They have a strong forecast in place for the continuous organic growth of sales but are also growing the business via the acquisition. With a current turnover of £3.7M the business is on an ideal footing for further growth.
The business is an autonomously run organisation which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of Edinburgh and is backed by a strong Board of Trustees as well as a passionate and highly capable Board of Management. EUP is a registered charity with a core mission to publish the best academic books and journals to help stimulate debate, educate students and bring scholarly ideas to the world.
About the role
This role exists due to the retirement of the current post-holder and we are looking for someone who will play a highly active role in the Board of Management and improve commercial decision making, process and systems support as well supporting bottom-line and top-line growth strategies.
- Report to the CEO on all aspects of Finance & IT whilst leading, managing and developing a strong team of 3 people. You will have robust managerial and leadership experience.
- Responsible for all Management Accounting, Financial Report, Annual Filings and ensuring a high-level of compliance and financial control. You will be a highly experienced accountant.
- You will produce, analyse and make solid commentary on financial data to advise the other senior team members on financial matters. You will have a strong commercial business partnering background.
- Managing the outsourced IT provision including the implementation of a new ERP system into the organisation. You will be familiar with using ERP systems and managing change.
- Company Secretarial duties and all aspects of fiduciary control and managing external relationships will be a fundamental part of the role. You will be the financial conduit of information.
This is by no means a complete list but will give you a sense of the range of responsibilities in the role.
About the candidate
We are looking for an experienced person with the following experience:
- Professionally qualified accountant with at least 5 years’ experience post-qualification where you will have gained strong knowledge of financial reporting, commercial decision making and developing leadership credentials.
- Experience gained in a small to medium scale business is preferred however applicants from large corporates who are looking to adapt into a smaller business would be welcomed.
- Solid accounting and financial reporting credentials are a given, but we are looking for someone who can tell the story of those numbers to help support commercial decisions.
- High-level of IT literacy is vitally important for this role, the organisation is moving from Sage onto an ERP platform and so previous experience of using, adapting, changing and developing ERP capability would be greatly welcomed.
- Someone with a high-level of emotional maturity, personal gravitas and ability to gain strong buy-in and commitment from internal and external parties is essential.
The full job description will give more insight, but these are the crucial elements of the person we are looking for and the role itself.
What you need to do next
To ensure you do not miss out on this opportunity please apply with your CV and contact detail ASAP and our experienced consultant will ring you for an initial discussion.
The initial interview will be conducted by Eden Scott with interviews with EUP on the 20th or 23rd September.
This featured job has been posted on behalf of Eden Scott.