Group Treasury Controller | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
Rutherford Cross has launched a retained search for a Group Treasury Controller, on behalf of the Weir Group in Glasgow. Reporting to the Group Accounts Manager, the Group Treasury Controller is a critical position that will have important stakeholder management responsibilities across Group Finance, Group Treasury and the CFO, liaising and supporting divisional FDs and FCs globally. Key accountabilities include treasury/FX accounting and reporting under IFRS and IFRS9 / IAS 39 regulations, advising on the treasury implications of tax structuring and involvement with transactions and M&A activity. Based in Glasgow city centre, you will have line management responsibility for one direct report.
About the role
- Manage hedge accounting for the Group Treasury function and provide advice to other Group operations also applying hedge accounting
- Monitor hedge effectiveness, produce necessary documentation and carry out testing
- Prepare disclosure notes under IFRS 9 / IFRS 7 for year end and half year reporting
- Liaise with the external auditors
- Preparation, review, and provision of financial management information for a variety of treasury related entities
- Consolidation and review of monthly management information for exchange, derivatives, net debt and interest for the Group as a whole
- Valuation, analysis and reporting of derivative instruments including responsibility for the maintenance of hedge accounting relationships
- Preparation and completion of quarterly budgets and forecasts for relevant entities within the Group
- Preparation, analytical review and challenge of exchange, interest and net elements of the consolidated Group budgets and forecasts
- Management reporting and analysis of all treasury balances
- Net investment hedge accounting
- Valuation of derivatives
- Annual budget and quarterly forecasting of P&L and cash flow positions
- Liaise with global treasury teams on hedge accounting issues, providing pertinent advice re. accounting treatment of potential new products/derivatives
- Manage cash flow forecasting
- Support treasury and accounting staff with reporting and analysis functions
- Involvement in ad hoc and topical improvement
- Analysing the impact of acquisitions and making recommendations on the implications from a treasury perspective, as well as supporting newly acquired businesses with implementation of controls
- Review and approve all systems changes to reflect new facilities, derivative valuations, etc.
- Provide training on Treasury Management System around Group
About the individual
- CA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with minimum 5 years post qualification experience
- Recent experience in a Managerial role
- ACT qualification helpful but not essential
This rare opportunity will offer a competitive basic salary with a generous package. To discuss in confidence please contact the retained advisor, Amy Peoples or call 07494 280 152.