Group Internal Auditor | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the role
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Group Internal Auditor to join Baxters Food Group, a dynamic and progressive company with the vision and commitment to providing a sustainable and long-lasting strategy. The individual will play a key role in supporting the embedding of a newly created Internal Audit function, as the company continues to diversify. Reporting to Jennifer McVey, recently appointed Group Head of Internal Audit, the Group Internal Auditor will assist with the delivery of the annual audit plan – which will cover anything from financial practices, to people processes and everything in between. The individual will work closely with key stakeholders across the Group in the UK, Europe, US and Australia.
Find out more about Jennifer McVey and her career.
This position represents an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious and driven Internal Auditor or Accountant, who is keen to be part of building a new function from scratch.
- Help the Group Head of Internal Audit to deliver the annual audit plan, by planning and undertaking internal audit reviews and projects, appraising the relevant risks, processes and controls, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Providing management, including the Audit Committee, with written reports of the results and recommendations of each piece of work undertaken
- Following up on management responses to Internal Audit recommendations to determine if agreed upon internal control improvements have been implemented
- Contributing to the development of corporate governance activities throughout the Group, including ongoing development of risk management frameworks, audit methodologies and governance structures
- Occasionally supervising and supporting the work of guest auditors or third-party consultants engaged to support the delivery of an internal audit review or project
- Promoting appropriate and effective risk management throughout the business
- Promoting operational efficiency through performance auditing
About the candidate
- Qualified accountant (ICAS, IIA, CIMA, ACCA,) with experience of supervising audit assignments in large and complex organisations (ideally within relevant industries, e.g. FMCG, Manufacturing, Wholesale, Retail, Logistics, Distribution)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly build good relationships and help grow a positive audit culture across the group. Baxters is a down-to-earth business, and they like working with people who are friendly, pragmatic, and unpretentious
- Genuine curiosity and mental agility to be able to quickly get under the skin of the business, ask the right questions and spot potential risks or opportunities
- The ability to travel for work around 40% of the time – within the UK, Europe, US and Australia
- Great IT skills, with advanced skills in MS Office
To apply, have a confidential discussion, or to see a full role profile, please contact retained advisor Amy Peoples on 07494 280 152.