Group Accountant | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Salary: £37,000 - £42,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
About the role
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a successful, global business to recruit a Group Accountant for their head office based in Glasgow city centre.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to join a company with a track record of promoting from within, creating fantastic career development prospects. The finance department has a wealth of experience and talent for a recently qualified accountant to learn from and develop under and as such this is a great first move after qualifying.
Day to day duties will contribute towards the department’s aims, which include:
- Ensuring that existing and new business processes and any technical accounting developments which have financial implications for the group accounts are accurately reflected in the general ledger and related accounting models
- Ensuring that appropriate ledger structures are in place across the Group and that technical accounting developments are incorporate where required
- Ownership of implementing centralised control processes for the general ledger and related accounting modules, to ensure that accurate financial information flows into the Group Reporting
About the candidate
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable technical accounting skills
- Be highly numerate with strong analytical skills and the ability to present complex financial information clearly and concisely to stakeholders
- Influencing skills and the ability to interact effectively and constructively challenge if required, across the organisation
- Salary £37,000-£42,000
- Bonus up to 10%
- 36 days annual leave (plus additional day for volunteering)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Life assurance / death in service
How to apply
To apply, have a confidential discussion, or to see a full role profile, please contact retained advisor Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross on 07494280461.