Finance Manager | Findhorn
Recruiter: Findhorn Foundation
Contract type: Full-time, 35h per week
Salary: £16,671.20 - £30,000 - negotiable
Interested in this role?
About the opportunity
The Findhorn Foundation is part of a 58 year old spiritual community based in the NE of Scotland where it runs courses based on the three foundational principles of Inner Listening, Co-creation with the intelligence of nature and Work as love in action. Despite its small size and remote location it has had a global impact, creating a space where tens of thousands of people have had their lives
transformed and gone on to be influencers for good across the world.
At this time of planetary transformation, the Foundation is going through its own process of radical transformation in response to the challenges brought about by the COVID pandemic and, more recently, a catastrophic fire that destroyed two of the
most cherished buildings on one of our Campuses. The Accounts function has commenced its own transformation as we have moved from Sage to Xero and our Finance Manager of 20 years has retired.
We are therefore looking for someone to join us on the next part of this adventure. This role is responsible for the development of Xero as a tool to enable financial transparency, understanding and accountability across the co-worker body, as well as creating an integrated system of checks, balances and reports for management and trustees. Liaison
with auditors, banks, and other departmental heads is also central to this role.
It will not be possible for this role to be performed remotely, at least initially.
Requirements for the role
- Either at least 5 years PQE with a formal qualification or at least 10 years of qualification by experience at senior management level in a finance function
- Experience of supporting Board members/Trustees with financial information
- Extensive experience with Xero and Excel
- Experience at setting up systems of checks, balances and reporting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good IT skills and an ability to assess IT solutions for integration with Xero as required
- Understanding of charity accounts an advantage
About the individual
- Aligned with the spiritual principles of the Foundation
- Ability to inspire and lead a team
- Ability to think creatively and communicate concepts clearly
- A willingness to engage with the wider community on financial matters
- A willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’ when necessary
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter of no more than two pages indicating how you fit the requirements to Sara at email@example.com.
Closing date: 9am, 17 May