Director | Glasgow
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience
Interested in this role?
About the company
Craig Corporate has been helping clients to create, enhance, protect and realise shareholder value in their businesses with advice and hands-on support since 1985.
The firm’s ethos is to devise and implement practical yet innovative solutions that are tailored to meet each client’s specific needs. Craig Corporate is flexible in its approach and takes pride in delivering high-quality, “hands on” assistance and advice.
With offices in Glasgow and Dubai, the firm is dedicated to providing commercial and independent advice across a full range of core disciplines. The team achieves the best results by operating as an integral part of clients’ businesses. The team also work in partnership with leading financial and professional institutions, who regularly refer new clients.
About the opportunity
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working on a retained basis to support Craig Corporate in appointing a new member of their team (Executive, Assistant Director, Associate Director).
The opportunity to join Craig Corporate, provides exposure that is rarely available with other firms in the market. Craig Corporate supports businesses going through periods of change such as; restructuring, high growth, change of ownership and management, sales and acquisitions. As a qualified accountant you will partner with a variety of clients, on either a retained, ongoing basis as a regular advisor or in a seconded/project capacity. The post holder will provide high quality commercial business advice which will have a positive impact on clients’ profitability, cash flow or business value.
About the role
Typical duties will include:
- Devise and ensure implementation of business strategies and operating plans
- Analyse client problems and identify feasible alternative courses of action
- Prepare well documented and presented reports and presentations to clients setting out the results of analysis and recommending effective action for the clients
- Persuade clients confidently and forcefully about the need for action
- Prepare plans (with financial outcomes) with clients
- Coach client staff in skills and procedures needed to achieve agreed plans
- Carry out assignments within the agreed time input limits and agreed schedules
- Ensure the quality of client relationship is maintained
- Ensure adequate systems are in place to monitor business performance
- Promote Craig Corporate Limited’s capabilities to existing and potential clients and other business contacts (eg other professional advisors)
- Participate in the local (Glasgow/Scottish) business community
- Ensure compliance with external legal and other requirements
About the individual
Working for Craig Corporate requires a confident, ambitious CA comfortable operating as an integral part of clients’ businesses. The successful candidate will be able to build effective relationships across a range of clients and will have an appetite to build their business network.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- ICAS or ICAEW qualified accountant
- Quickly able to grasp the cultures of a diverse client base
- The ability to advise senior stakeholders and be adaptable and sensitive to environments
- Naturally inquisitive, with an appetite for understanding clients’ businesses and how value can be added
- Take the initiative in identifying opportunities for and implementing improvements
- An ability to communicate financial matters in a clear, concise manner to a variety of different stakeholders
- Comfortable working as part of a small team
- An ability to manage numerous different projects
- Strong analytical skills to support business decision making processes
- Commercial acumen and a positive, "can-do" attitude that will inspire the team
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact our retained advisor, Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross.
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.