Corporate Development Analyst | The Weir Group
Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by The Weir Group to recruit a Corporate Development Analyst in Glasgow.
Organisation: The Weir Group
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus + Package
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
The Corporate Development Analyst position supports Weir Group’s M&A and other business development projects. The Group’s strategic actions are supplemented by skilfully integrated, targeted acquisitions and carefully considered business disposals designed to optimise its product portfolio and further strengthen its global footprint and growth prospects.
This is a project-based role, working in a small team, liaising with internal and external stakeholders. The role supports M&A and other business development activity, which play a key part in the delivery of the Group’s strategic plan for corporate expansion.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- M&A project execution, including project management and administration
- Identification, detailed review and analysis of acquisition targets
- Preparation of investment proposals
- Financial modelling
- Monitoring and review of peer company performance and wider market dynamics
- Relationship building with external advisors and internal stakeholders
- Working alone and as part of a team, dealing with senior managers, external advisors, and coordinating wider deal teams (cross-geographical / cross-divisional)
- Implementation of other business development initiatives, including joint ventures, technology partnerships, etc.
About the candidate
- Advanced numeracy and analytical skills, including ability to interpret financial statements
- Strong research skills, including ability to conduct company and market research analysis and studies and articulate / present key findings
- Interest in global energy & resource markets preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of M&A processes preferred (but not essential)
- High proficiency in Excel, with financial modelling skills required
- Ability to work efficiently and to tight deadlines
- International outlook
How to apply
To apply, have a confidential discussion, or to see a full Position Profile, please contact retained advisor Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross on T: 07494280461 or E: email@example.com