Accountant for Finance Pathways Programme | Rutherford Cross
Rutherford Cross is excited to be retained by William Grant & Sons to support succession planning, by appointing a recently qualified accountant for the Finance Pathways Programme
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Organisation: William Grant & Sons
Salary: £Competitive + Bonus + Package
Contract type: Permanent
Interested in this role?
William Grant & Sons is an acquisitive, fast growing organisation offering future talent a long term, progressive and challenging career that is second to none in the Scottish marketplace. Given the relatively flat hierarchical structure, William Grant & Sons offers exceptional exposure to the Executive Team on a day to day basis, allowing the opportunity to build a strong internal profile to facilitate career progression.
The Finance Pathways Programme is a unique career opportunity for an ambitious, driven and talented qualified accountant who will be on the upward trajectory in their career, having recently qualified. The programme will provide exposure across Group, Operations and Commercial Finance. The experience gained through the programme will provide the selected individual rounded development, offering an exceptional platform to step into a leadership role.
Main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting Finance colleagues in the delivery of key activities or projects and to lead and deliver discrete activities.
- Supporting and leading initiatives that deliver optimisation of Finance processes and reporting, both within the Finance teams and through close working with operational teams.
- Contributing appropriately to team meetings and support the implementation of the team’s strategy, plans and continuous improvement projects.
- Supporting the requirements of the Supervisory Board and the Executive through providing appropriate business analysis and financial support, ad hoc analysis and meeting project requirements across the Group as required.
- Presenting recommendations to management, applying previous experiences to develop improvements around the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes.
- Adapting to working with different teams across the business, showing an aptitude to quickly get up to speed with different activities, areas of focus and ways of working.
- Taking part in training initiatives and demonstrating progress against development plans across the programme.
- Driving own personal development in order to build technical competence, leadership capability and personal development.
- Developing and building skills, knowledge and experience in Group, Commercial and Operational Finance.
About the candidate
It is imperative that the Finance Specialist is a high calibre, ambitious individual with significant long-term potential to succeed members of the senior finance team. The appointed candidate will demonstrate success in their short career to date, will possess a strong academic record and the drive to immerse themselves in the business, in order to play a leading future role.
Some of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Experience of understanding and breaking down complex processes to support their evolution and improvement.
- Exposure to presenting financial analysis in a structured format to senior level stakeholders.
- Ability to work cooperatively alongside others, or independently as required, taking responsibility for discrete projects.
- Experience of making balanced assessments of available information to reach objective and commercially relevant conclusions, and to recommend appropriate, pragmatic solutions.
How to apply
To apply, have a confidential discussion, or to see a full Position Profile, please contact retained advisor Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross on T: 07494280461 or E: email@example.com