Senior Manager – Tax Controversy and Risk Management | Edinburgh
Recruiter: Rutherford Cross, specialists in finance recruitment
Contract type: Permanent
Sector: Big 4
Interested in this role?
The opportunity has arisen for a Senior Manager to join Rutherford Cross client's Tax Controversy and Risk Management Team. The client is a globally leading Professional Services firm with an excellent reputation.
They offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Their rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development in addition to many flexible benefits.
As a business tax advisory professional, you’ll be helping clients through the commitments of planning, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. This includes helping clients to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change. The team also support businesses in effectively managing enquiries through to a resolution, including the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution and litigation.
About the individual
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner or HMRC Inspector
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to grow strong client relationships
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to grow effective relationships at all levels
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically