ACCA Test of Relevant Expertise (TRE) Application
The submission window is now open
ACCA applicants for the TRE Pathway to ICAS membership can now submit their completed application pack to ICAS.
The window for accepting applications to the ACCA TRE route is open from Monday 7 October at 10am until Tuesday 22 October 2019 at 4pm. Any applications received after the window closes will not be accepted nor assessed as part of the TRE examination.
Step 1: Submit your application
To apply for the TRE pathways route you are firstly required to submit your Application Pack.
The application pack must consist of:
- The Application for Admission as a Member and Minute of Adherence under TRE Pathway Route form which is available here. The Application form asks for information about your work details, personal contact details and your ACCA membership. You will be asked to confirm that you have submitted your Sponsor forms and CV. Please sign and date the form
- Your two separate Sponsor Forms.
- Your Primary Sponsor Application form is from your Sponsor who can verify your entire application pack including your five reflective essays and who has worked with you for at least 2 of the past 5 years.
- Your Secondary Sponsor Application form is from your second Sponsor who can confirm that you have the necessary professional attributes to be admitted to membership of ICAS. To find out who can act as a Sponsor, please check the eligibility criteria here.
- Your CV which is to be no more than 4 sides of A4.
- Confirmation of Good Standing with ACCA
- A full academic transcript
You can send your completed Application Form, Completed Primary Sponsor Form, Completed Secondary Sponsor Form, Education Transcript, Confirmation of Good Standing and your CV to: email@example.com
Your reflective essay
We don't need your reflective essay at this stage. Applicants must wait until they have made payment and received their candidate number before submitting their essays.
Step 2: Make payment
The Test of Relevant Expertise (TRE) has an application fee of £1097.40.
Once your application form has been processed, we will provide information on how to make payment on our secure online payment system.
PLEASE NOTE: THE APPLICATION FEE IS NOT REFUNDABLE. If your application is unsuccessful at any stage of the process, your application fee will not be refunded.
Step 3: Submit your five reflective essays
Once we have received your completed Application Pack, your payment of £1097.40 and we have confirmed your eligibility with ACCA we will contact you within 5 working days with a confirmation email, candidate number and receipt.
The 5 Reflective Essay questions are submitted via a system called Turnitin. Once ICAS has registered you on the Turnitin system, we will provide you with login information and how to submit your 5 Reflective Essay questions no later than 8 November 2019. The 5 Reflective essay questions must be submitted to Turnitin as one document containing your candidate number. The essay submission window will be from 28 October to 8 November 2018.
Candidates’ Essays are marked anonymously and the candidate number ensures none of your personal details are made available to the ICAS marking team to ensure fairness and objectivity. Unfortunately reflective essays without a candidate number cannot be accepted.
If you require any further assistance or have specific queries, please contact the ICAS Central Registry Team using the contact details below and we will be more than happy to help.
Telephone: +44 (0) 131 347 0100