16 March - ICAS Insights: The USA post-election
With a new US President in office who promises to govern very differently from his predecessor, what changes are we likely to see to the political, legislative and regulatory landscapes?
We were joined by two policy experts to consider some of the changes that have already taken place since Joe Biden was elected. They guided us through his first 100 days, gave an overview of his key priorities and the administration personnel who will help to deliver them, outlined changes in Congress and explored the regulatory outlook and other developments of relevance.
(Duration: 1 hour. Originally recorded 16 March 2021)
Key themes and topics
- Biden’s first 100 days, including administration personnel, key priorities and progress made.
- Changes in Congress.
- The regulatory outlook.
Who are the speakers?
- Shauna R Steele, Director, Public Policy Regulatory Network at EY
- Kristi Kennedy is a Director with Ernst & Young LLP’s Office of Public Policy in Washington, DC
- Chair: ICAS President Catherine Burnet CA, Regional Chair for KPMG in Scotland.
(Please note that views and opinions expressed by speakers at ICAS webinars are their own and not necessarily reflective of ICAS’ views.)
Who’s this for?
- CAs working in North America.
- CAs working for global corporations (including those with offices or interests in the US).
- CAs interested in politics and the wider socio-economic landscape in which business operates.
Counts as CPD activity
Depending upon your individual role and training and development needs, watching this webinar can count towards your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement.
Related content - develop your knowledge
- Chartered Accountant Worldwide Network USA launches (icas.com feature)
- Lear more about the ICAS USA community Area Networks