Moving overseas

The CA designation can open the doors to international travel and opportunities. We have CA communities all over the world that can help you make connections with local networks and settle in to a new country.

Keeping in Touch

If you're moving away from the UK, even for a short time, don't forget to update your details with ICAS. In particular, make sure you let us know where you are moving to, and the best email to use to keep you updated on what's going on near you.

When you provide an address for us, please make sure it is one we can use to send postal mail to you. It is very important that you include any zip codes or PO Box numbers if this is required for delivery by your local mail service.

If you are overseas on a temporary basis, you may also wish to leave a UK forwarding address on file. This should be the address of a friend or relative we can contact if we are unable to get hold of you through other means. Please contact Central Registry if you want to make any changes to your record.

Don't forget, you will still need to pay your subscription fees each year, so watch out for the notification in November. If you have a UK bank account, you can set up a Direct Debit to ensure your fees are paid on time every year.

You can also keep up to date with our activities and fellow members with our international digital magazines: 

Alignment of Subscription Rates

Following the Special General Meeting held on 24 April 2015, overseas subscription rate will now be aligned with the full EU subscription rate over the next three years.

Until this alignment is complete, members who have moved to a country outside the EU are currently entitled to request the reduced overseas subscription rate. In order to transfer you to this rate, we require at least one overseas contact address. This is usually a work address. Once we have an overseas address on file, you will remain on the overseas rate until the alignment of the subscriptions, or you return to the EU.

Countries considered to be part of the EU are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK. Please note that Monaco, Switzerland and Gibraltar are not considered to be part of the EU for the purposes of subscription fees. This is not a reflection on the legal status of any country in this list, and instead exists purely for ICAS administrative purposes.

Meet local CAs wherever you are

ICAS has a growing number of international communities across the world.

Headed up by local CAs, these communities hold regular events for members in the area. From Auckland to Zurich and many places in between, we currently have international communities in more than 20 locations, in addition to providing support to our ICAS members living and working overseas.

For more information about contacting your local community, or starting one where you are, please contact Global Engagement

Global Accounting Alliance Membership

ICAS is part of the Global Accounting Alliance. This means that ICAS members can have access to the same professional support that local professional accountants receive when working in another country covered by the GAA.

You can find out more about the available services and how to register here.

Joining another Accountancy Institute

Some members of ICAS choose to join the local accountancy institution when they move overseas. This can provide greater access to local facilities and also allows members to act as training principals for local students.

ICAS is unable to advise members about the requirements for joining other institutes. You are advised to contact the institue you wish to join directly to find out more about the process.

If you would like to become a reciprocal member with another accounting body, ICAS are able to provide proof of membership for you.

Remember, ICAS members who become a reciprocal member with another body may be to continue their ICAS membership in order to retain membership of the overseas body.

Previous page