Keeping Your Details Up-to-Date
Need to let us know about a change? Not getting the right emails? Here's your handy guide to our new online profile to help you get the most out of your ICAS membership.
The About Me section is where you can update your personal details.
- Your name – You can update your surname and title without providing any further proof. Please email us if you have changed your forenames.
- Home address – You must provide a home address as ICAS is your regulatory body. This information is not made available publically, but your home town or city may be displayed on the members directory Find a CA.
- Landline/Mobile – You must provide us with at least one personal telephone number in case we need to contact you urgently (e.g. regarding your subscription fees).
- Email address – ICAS will use your email address as the main way we contact you. You can tailor which emails we send to you in the Community section of your profile. You will also be able to log in to the website using your email provided here. Your email address must be unique to you.
- GAA Membership – If you have joined another accountancy body in the GAA after you joined ICAS, please let us know which one using the drop-down box.
Telling us about your role ensures you get the most relevant information and opportunities. If you are not working, you can also tell us in this section.
- Working status – It is very important that you tell us whether you are working or not working as this may affect not only the communications from ICAS, but also your membership requirements. Working encompasses all forms of paid work including both employed and self-employed work. Voluntary work is not considered working. See below for definitions:
- Working in practice – I am working in an accountancy firm or as a self-employed accountant.
- Working in public/non-profit – I am working for a government body, charity, university, institution or similar organisation
- Working in business – I am working in a company or commercial organisation which is not an accountancy firm (you may or may not be working as an accountant)
- Maternity/Paternity leave – I am taking a period of leave from my employer for the birth or adoption of a child. I am expected to return to work for the same organisation when my leave finishes.
- Career break – I am not working, and I am not actively looking for work. I may be travelling, caring for others or otherwise taking time out. I expect or intend to return to work in the future.
- Unemployed – I am not working, but I am actively looking for another role.
- Retired – I am no longer working, and I do not intend or expect to return to work in future.
- Sector – please choose the sector from the drop down list which most closely matches the type of business you work in.
- Work address – if you are working, please provide the name and address of the company or organisation you work for. You can search for employers in our database. If the organisation you work for, or your office address is not listed, you can add a new address. The address you provide should be your normal place of work and should be a valid postal address where ICAS can contact you.
- Job Level – please choose the level from the drop down list that best matches your role and management responsibilities. This helps us to target ensure you receive only the most relevant communications from ICAS.
In this section, you can tell us about your interests, change your email preferences, and tailor your communications from ICAS.
- Your interests – by selecting a number of interests, ICAS will tailor the information we send you.
- Event attendee list – when you register for an event, other ICAS members will be able to see you are registered to attend the event when they are logged in. If you would prefer not to appear as a registered attendee, you can use this option to opt-out.
- Emails from ICAS – click the link to change which emails you receive from ICAS.
- Find a CA directory – all ICAS members appear in the public directory. You can adjust how your information appears in the directory using this option. If you are working, your work address will be displayed along with your name and if you are not working your home city will be displayed. If you decide to opt out your contact details will be displayed as c/o ICAS.
- Sharing your information – ICAS rarely shares any information with partner organisations. When we do, we ensure that we work closely with the partner to ensure that your information is protected. We will never sell your details, or pass your information to companies that we are not directly partnering with. All members have the option to request that we never pass your details on to another organisation. If you would prefer us not to share your details with our partners, please use this option to opt-out.
Still got questions?
If we haven't answered your question above, you can contact Central Registry for help with any aspect of your membership, including making sure we have the most up-to-date information on your record.
|Telephone||+44 (0)131 347 0314|
Lines are open between 9am and 5pm UK time Monday to Friday
|Post or In Person||Central Registry, ICAS, CA House, 21 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH|