Oversight Board – composition and current members
Here you can meet the various members of the Oversight Board, learn about their roles and the appointment process.
The ICAS General Regulations provide that the membership of the Oversight Board is made up of the following:
- The Office Bearers (i.e. the President, Deputy President and Vice President).
- The Chief Executive.
- The Chair of Members Board (who must be a member of Council).
- The Chair of Policy Leadership Board (who must be a member of Council).
- The Chair of Qualifications Board (who is appointed by Council).
- The Chair of Regulation Board (who must be a Public Interest Member of Council).
- The Executive Directors.
- Not more than four other members of Council, one of whom shall be a Public Interest Member.
Role of Oversight Board members
The ICAS General Regulations do not provide distinct roles or responsibilities for Oversight Board members, but all members are expected to:
- Provide constructive comment and advice on the matters referred to the Oversight Board.
- Assist the Oversight Board in forming a view on any matter referred to it.
- Take account of the public interest perspective brought by the Public Interest Members of the Oversight Board.
- Hold the Executive Team to account in relation to the implementation and delivery of the business plan.
With the exception of the Office Bearers and Executive Team who are automatically appointed to the Oversight Board by virtue of their role, members of the Oversight Board are appointed by Council on the recommendation of the Nominations Committee
Appointments to the Oversight Board are for an initial period of three years, which may be extended for a second term of three years.
The current members of the Oversight Board are:
Date of Appointment: November 2018
A to G
Mark Allison (Executive Director, Education)
Catherine Burnet (Deputy President)
Date of Appointment – January 2016
Bill Drysdale (Vice President)
Date of Appointment: AGM 2019
Bruce Cartwright (Chief Executive)
Lesley Glen (Executive Director)
(Chief Operating Officer) - Member
H to P
Mark Hoskyns-Abrahall (Chair of Qualifications Board)
Date of Appointment: January 2015
Philip Johnson (Chair of Policy Leadership Board)
Date of Appointment: June 2018
Mike McKeon (President)
Date of Appointment: AGM 2017
Michelle Mullen (Executive Director, Standards)
Bruce Pritchard (Chair of Members Board)
Date of Appointment: July 2018
Q to Z
Sarah Speirs (Executive Director, Member Engagement & Communications)
Carolyn Spencer (Executive Director, Customer Experience)
Lord Wallace of Tankerness (Chair of Regulation Board)
Date of Appointment: March 2017