Why become a CA with ICAS?
ICAS is a leading international body of business professionals with a truly global reach. With ICAS, you'll study to become a CA – a qualification that can really take you places.
We bring together business professionals from around the world, working to educate, inspire and enable professional excellence for Chartered Accountants (CAs). If you are thinking about a career in business, accountancy or finance, we can take you there. Here are just some of the reasons why you should consider choosing ICAS...
Qualifying as a CA gives you a wealth of expertise, and not just in accountancy and finance. You'll hold one of the most prestigious professional qualifications available, and one that's internationally recognised and respected. The CA prepares you to become a true business professional with that all important rounded set of skills.
As a CA, the world really is your oyster. You'll be in demand at home, and around the world. No matter where you go or who you choose to work for, employers will appreciate who you are: a dynamic, capable, versatile business professional. You'll have both the ability and the opportunity to explore all fields of the business world. From cutting edge technology companies to global financial centres, accountancy firms and government bodies, the CA qualification is your passport to success. If you've got an entrepreneurial streak, becoming a CA also offers the perfect foundation for starting your own business.
Qualify with us
When you qualify with ICAS you'll be in good company. You'll join the ranks of a unique, truly international community of business professionals. Our members work in some of the most elite organisations in the UK and around the world. The statistics speak volumes about what it means to become a CA:
- 80% of FTSE 100s employ CAs.
- ICAS CAs work in over 100 countries.
- Many of our members work at a senior level as CEOs, CFOs, FDs, COOs board members and entrepreneurs.
Unrivalled support – every step of the way
With ICAS, you can rest assured that we'll be with you every step of the way, throughout your studies and beyond. We know that studying to be a CA is tough, and we are proud of our track record in helping our students consistently achieve high pass rates at all levels of the CA curriculum.
At ICAS, we take a blended approach to support you at every stage of your studies. From our expert face-to-face classroom tuition, to our online resources and social media channels and communities, ICAS will help you achieve your full potential. Just take a look at what's on offer:
- Our dynamic website icas.com provides you with unrivalled support when and where you need it. Covering everything from technical and regulatory guidance, business and ethics resources, icas.com is there to support and inspire your studies.
- A dedicated online learning portal full of practical tools, module guides and resources to support you as you study.
- An established network of online communities including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook helps you connect with us and your student peers.
- A virtual career mentoring programme brings you all the experience and knowledge that someone who has 'been there, done that' can offer.
After you qualify
When you become a CA with ICAS, the benefits don't stop. You'll become part of a valued, global and truly world-class community. ICAS will continue to support you with a range of post-qualification resources and activities, including:
- Exclusive opportunities to attend events and conferences where you can hear from industry experts and thought leaders, network with your peers and share expertise.
- Timely technical updates will keep you 'in the know' with the latest industry changes and regulatory updates.
- Regular news updates about the issues that matter most, as well as thought leadership and business insights to keep you at the top of your game – all available at icas.com.
- A dedicated jobs board, CA Jobs, to help you manage your career.
- An expanding network of local and global membership communities so you can remain part of the ICAS family wherever you are.
Be part of ICAS
If you'd like to find out more about becoming a CA, the following resources are a great place to start:
- How to become a chartered accountant, including the different routes to becoming a CA.
- Training to become a chartered accountant – you can choose from an exciting and diverse range of organisations.
- Applying for a CA training contract with an ICAS authorised employer.
- Exciting events to connect you to ICAS and the CA community.
Join ICAS and start your CA journey today.