Vlog: Tips for using tax legislation books for TPS
As a TPS tax student, you will receive two white legislation books. They may appear daunting, but if you follow a few tips, they can become your friends.
Education Director and Tax Lecturer Fiona Winter has recorded some key points in our short film.
“These are books can be really useful in your exam, but only if you know how to use them.” Fiona Winter
- Make sure you use the CABLE guide to the legislation. It’s a much more in-depth look at the topic.
- Don’t leave the books to the last minute. Some students leave it as a revision exercise, this really is too late. You should use the legislation immediately.
- And for some more practical points:
- When it comes to highlighting, less is more – just pick out the key words.
- Use colour to link key parts together.
- Highlight the contents page too, so you don’t have to remember the section numbers.
Bring the books to every class and your tutor will help you to understand the best bits to highlight. If you want to know more, just pop a question on the CABLE discussion board and one of us will help you with it.