How to become a Chartered Accountant (CA) by the school-leaver route
Follow the school-leaver route to becoming an ICAS Chartered Accountant (CA) and you’ll bypass university and go directly into paid training.
As an ICAS CA you’ll be qualified for an extraordinary career in business and beyond.
- Highers and A Levels accepted
- 5 years training
- earn while you learn
- no student debt
- an extraordinary career in business and beyond
Follow the school-leaver route to an extraordinary career
Why should I become a Chartered Accountant?
With the prestigious ICAS CA qualification you’ll unlock some of the most powerful and rewarding positions in business and accounting, in the UK and abroad.
- qualify for more than accountancy
- wear the CA badge of prestige
- unlock international opportunities
- competitive salaries and job security
- join a global business community
- ICAS’ unrivalled professional support
How is the ICAS CA qualification structured?
The ICAS CA qualification sits at the level of a master’s degree and is structured to deliver the skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed.
- 13 technical subjects covered
- accounting, finance and broader business skills
- gain real-world, professional experience
- dedicated Public Trust & Ethics assessment
Where do I apply for a CA training agreement?
Our dedicated job site Becomeaca.org.uk offers an interesting range of firms to work and train with, from small local companies to large corporations.
What are the other routes to becoming a Chartered Accountant?
There are various routes to becoming an ICAS Chartered Accountant (CA), with options for school leavers, graduates, professionals and apprentices:
Where can I download the ICAS 'Become a CA' brochure?
Our Become a CA brochure gives you more information on ICAS, why you should become a CA, and all the training steps required to become a CA.